Fitness and Personal Training - Level 1, 2 & 3
Are you interested in health, fitness and personal training?
Would you like to help individuals or groups of people to get active and improve their health and fitness?
Tasks could include:
- helping a client to plan a training routine
- advising on diet and nutrition
- leading a group session
The courses include project-based learning, workplace visits and enrichment activities to give you a clear insight into the Health & Fitness Sector.
We offer a range of industry recognised qualifications that will equip you to work with a wide range of clients.
Learners on Level 3 Personal Training will have a range of work-based learning opportunities, including opportunities to undertake sessional work as a Personal Trainer.
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and take an initial assessment.
Applicants wishing to start at L2 will need to show evidence of the following:
- Maths/English GCSE Grade D/3 or Functional Skills L1
- Some GCSE at grades A-D/9-3 or L1 vocational qualifications.
Applicants wishing to start at L3 will require:
- Maths/English GCSE grade D/3 or Functional Skills L1.
- Some GCSE at grade A-D/9-3
- L2 Qualification in Fitness Instructing
Relevant entry level roles:
- Gym Assistant
- Fitness Instructor
- Exercise Session Instructor
- Personal trainer
We will support you to look for further training/traineeships/apprenticeships/paid employment, depending on your aspirations.